I sent the following letter to the Weekly News today;
Michael Loftus’ letter in last week’s Weekly News caught my eye. He invited readers to pay attention to the detail of Conservative plans and “make your own mind up”. We welcome the opportunity to spell out what a Conservative government will mean for our great country as we approach 6th May. We are inviting the British people to come together to change our country.
Last week, we launched our election manifesto which is an invitation to the British people to:
– be your own boss
– sack your MP
– run your own school
– own your own home
– veto council tax rises
– vote for your police
– save your local pub or post office.
Our manifesto set out our plans to change Britain:
– Our school reform plan will raise standards and improve discipline.
– Our welfare reform plan will make sure that everyone who can work does work.
– Strong families are the bedrock of a strong society, so we are setting out plans to help make Britain the most family-friendly country in Europe.
– We will cut government waste to stop Labour’s jobs tax, which will kill the recovery.
– It reaffirms our support for the NHS.
– It includes the boldest and most ambitious set of green measures ever put before the electorate by a mainstream party.
Our manifesto brings together all the work we have done over the last five years as we have changed into a modern, progressive Conservative Party. The central idea is that we’re all in this together, that working together we can change our country for the better. We are saying that no government on its own can solve the big problems we face- everyone is going to have to get involved- in Halton and across Britain. That’s why we’ve called it “Invitation to join the Government of Britain”.
We want to give Halton and Britain the change it desperately needs. We want the country to come together to deliver that change. You can help by voting Conservative on 6th May.
Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for Halton